If we were to gather together all of our patients who’ve ever suffered from heel pain, first of all, most of the rooms here at Montgomery Foot Care Specialists would be crowded with people several times over. Furthermore, they would be reporting a lot of the same symptoms and circumstances:
- excruciating pain in the heel first thing in the morning
- feels like knives jabbing at the heel
- tingling or burning feeling in the heel
- the heel feels a little better after walking around for a bit, then the pain returns, especially at the end of the day
- spend many of their waking hours on their feet (they’re teachers, waiters, assembly line workers, retail salespeople)
- recently increased their amount or intensity of exercise
- have been wearing shoes that are uncomfortable, old, and/or no longer supportive
- are overweight
- have other foot problems such as flat feet
- heel pain is preventing them from carrying out their daily lives.
All of these symptoms point to a diagnosis of plantar fasciitis. If you suspect you’re a member of this heel pain “club,” make an appointment as soon as possible for a full evaluation at our podiatry office in Montgomery, Alabama. One of the worst things you can do is ignore the pain. Chances are good that the longer you go without treatment, the harder it’ll be to resolve your pain.
Our expert podiatrists, Dr. Chanda L. Day-Houts and Dr. Heidi M. Christie, can offer you a number of effective treatments:
- prescription pain medications that may wipe out inflammation faster than over-the-counter varieties
- splints and boots to immobilize and rest your heel
- stretching exercises and physical therapy
- cortisone injections to reduce swelling
- custom orthotics
- shoes designed especially to comfort the pain of plantar fasciitis.
We are heel pain specialists in the river region. Call us in Montgomery at (334) 396-3668 or contact us online for an appointment.